Ingredients for Mooli Paratha Recipe:
For Filling :
- Muli (Radish) : 2 and 1/2 cups shredded or 2 medium sized radish peeled and shredded
- Green chili : 2 finely chopped
- Carom seeds(Ajwain) : 1 tsp
- Dry mango(Amchur) powder : 1 tsp
- Red Chili powder : 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder :1 tsp
- Cumin)(Jeera) powder : 1 tsp
- Freshly chopped coriander : 1/4 cup
- Salt : 1 tsp or as per your taste
- Sugar : a pinch
For the Dough :
- Ata (Wheat Flour) :4 cups
- Salt : 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Oil : as required.
- Water : as required for dough.
- Wash the radish or Mooli thoroughly ,peel it lightly and shred it.Sprinkle some salt on it and set aside for 15 min .Salt will pull out all the water(moisture) from radish.
- Meanwhile sprinkle 1/2 tsp of salt on wheat flour and add water little by little as required to form a semi-firm dough.Coat the dough with some oil .Cover and set the dough aside for 10-15 min.
- Squeeze the shredded radish and try to remove maximum water from the radish .If there will be too much moisture in the filling made from radish ,rolling parathas would not be easy.
- In a bowl take the shredded and squeezed radish .To it add chopped green chillis and freshly chopped coriander.
- Add carom seeds (ajwain),red chili powder,coriander powder,cumin(jeera) powder and dry mango (amchur) powder.
- Add a pinch of sugar and 1/2 tsp of salt . Mix well and keep the mixture aside.
- Divide dough into equal sized balls.
- Roll out 1 ball into a small disc using dry flour to avoid sticking.
- Place a portion of radish mixture in center of the disc and wrap the dough around the mixture to form a ball.
- From the ball using dry flour roll out paratha.
- Place the paratha on a tava or skillet on medium flame.Once the bubbles start appearing flip the paratha and apply some oil on top.
- After 20-30 seconds again flip the paratha ,apply oil on the other side and gently press.
- Paratha should be crisp and slightly brown from both side.
- Repeat same steps with other balls.
- Muli parathas can be served with plain yogurt,boondi raita,pickle or tomato sauce.
Tips for Mooli paratha recipe:
- Try and remove all the moisture from the radish ,other wise rolling the parathas would be difficult.
- If you with the moisture its difficult rolling parata you can also make Mooli Paratha other ways also . Click on the link to check.