- Milk : 8 cups
- Sabudana (Tapioca ) : 1-1/2 cups soaked overnight in 2 cups of water or at least for minimum 2 hours
- Sugar : 1- 1/2 cups (can vary as per your taste)
- Cardamon(Elaichi) Powder: 1 tsp
- Nutmeg(Jaifal) Powder : 1 tsp
- Saffron(Kesar) threads :6-7 counts
- Almonds :5-6 chopped
- Cashews :8-9 chopped
- Soak 1-1/2 cups sabudana overnight in 2 cups of water.Morning it would be fluffy.
- Before making kheer remove excess water from sabudana if there is any and keep it aside.
- Heat milk in a thick bottom pan on medium low heat.Keep on stirring the milk after few minutes s that it dosen’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Heat the milk nicely for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the milk starts boiling add cardamon (elaichi) powder and nutmeg (jaifal)powder to the milk.
- Then add the puffed sabudana pearls to the milk.
- Keep on stirring continuously so that the pearls dont stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Keep on cooking till the sabudana pearls change there texture and become transparent.
- Once they are cooked they will come to the top layer of the pan.
- Add chopped almonds ,cashews and saffron(kesar) threads.
- Mix well and last but not least add sugar to the kheer.
- Mix and let it cook for few more minutes and turn off the gas.
- Sabudana kheer is all ready to serve .
- Sabudana pearls will change texture and color when they are cooked .They become transparent so that’s the time you will know thy are well cooked.
- If you store this kheer in refrigerator it will become very thick because of the starch in sabudana.Don’t worry just add little more milk to sabudana and just heat it little bit it will come to normal consistensey.